SPECIALIZED Road Shoes S-Works Torch
The S-Works Torch represents the latest evolution in the field of the most successful footwear in cycling. Using Body Geometry, biomimicry, data science and craftsmanship, a shoe has been designed so carefully built that you will forget to wear it.
Leveraging data science, every detail of the upper of the S-Works Torch has been perfected for a better fit and unparalleled performance. The BOA² cable is moved down and angled, preventing the forefoot from lifting. This evolution eliminates the need for a Velcro strap, while providing a structure that improves power and eliminating unwanted pressure or pinching. Adaptive materials allow natural foot movement where needed for added comfort, while zonal reinforcement based on the collected data keeps the foot wrapped for crisp power output and optimal efficiency.
Guided by over 100,000 RETÜL data foot scans, it has been recognized that both a standard and a wide sole would best suit the full spectrum of human foot shapes. An internal reinforcement adds rigidity and strength. The result is a weight reduction of 20 grams, increased efficiency and an immediate power transfer.
Also based on RETÜL data, it was estimated that more space was needed to accommodate the Achilles tendon in order to increase comfort. The problem was solved by creating an asymmetric heel seat that offered more space, while maintaining an excellent connection. Then an optimal knee alignment and greater comfort was maintained.
S-Works Torch has been scientifically designed to disappear at your feet.
- The new upper has reinforcements where you need them, and at the same time is so flexible that it will disappear from your feet.
- Based on Retül data collected from foot scans, a 4mm wider outsole was designed than the S-Works 7.
- The shape of the carbon sole has been optimized through the addition of a reinforcement and eliminating the accumulation of superfluous material around the perimeter. The result is a weight reduction of 20 grams, increased efficiency and an immediate power transfer.
- Thanks to the Retül data, the updated shape is better suited to the feet of cyclists, with a snug fit.
- An asymmetric heel supports the medial and allows you to remove material from the sides and the use of a lower collar.
- The change of the BOA# cable improves the tightness, and at the same time reduces the pressure on the anterior ligaments of the ankle.
- System BOA ³ S3-Snap Fit with independent micro-adjustment, with Boa proper warranty.
- The titanium threaded bushings can be reversed to further back the cleat up to 5mm. Predisposition for all the main pedals with cleats with three screws.
- Non-slip and easily replaceable rear cleat.
***Important for the*** wide sole version The new outsole is 4 mm wider than a standard outsole (8mm wider than S-Works 7).